I know I always dwell on this, but I have never thought in my wildest dreams that I’d be cooking my own meals. EVER.
Ugh…shocking take out diet, rest in peace…
Okay, so now I’m within the crucial count-down zone of my competition prep once again and back on freshwater fish and egg whites until the middle of this week.
The water manipulation has begun and I’m HIIT’ing it in the gym everyday until I feel like throwing up. Yep, sometimes I do think I’m juuuuust that little bit crazy, but I’ve come this far so it’ll be silly to give a half-arsed attempt now, right?
This time round, I’ve been more prepared (seeing I now know what to expect). Tanning solution all ordered? Check. Bikinis? Check. Evening wear? Check (thank you Bariano!). Boring diet? Hmmm…
I’m actually more worried about the post-comp food flood gate opening up…
After the last time, I am adamant to not have a repeat of history and prevent the mindless carb load as much as I can.
My official comp prep will finish mid-June, and after that I’ll be on my own for once in my life. No more trainer holding my hand. It’ll be me vs. the supermarket aisles and willpower.
I want to be able to stay lean while continuing to build muscle. So the best way to make sure I don’t OD on Krispy Kremes and Tim Tams again?
I’m compiling a list of yummy recipes that I’d love to try :)
The below is a shortlist of some recipes that sound delicious and healthy at the same time- still going with the low carb theme, but I will be inclined to serve these with quinoa and brown rice sides.
Can’t wait to start experimenting in the kitchen after June!
~ Savory ~
Something more substantial…
- Spiced Sweet Potato Dhal
- Quinoa Pizza Crust (gf)
- Mini Meat Loaf (gf)
- Paleo Beef Stew
- Roasted Almond Chicken Strips
- Spiced Lamb Stew with Walnuts & Pomegranate
Note: Replace 2 spoons of plain flour with 1 tablespoon tapioca flour and add 1 teaspoon of butter or ghee at the end. Cook for a little longer with no lid on to thicken the sauce further.
~ Sweets ~
Ultimate Dessert Recipe Page: Dessert Stalker!
- Pumpkin Spice Bread (gf)
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread (gf)
- Lemon Zucchini Poppy seed Muffins (gf)
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Brownies (gf)
- Zucchini Walnut Muffins (gf)
- Mocha Chip Protein Cake (gf)
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cupcakes (gf)
- Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
Note: Avocado with a dash of organic balsamic vinegar/apple cider vinegar gives a cocoa taste too!
- Sweet Potato Pecan Muffins (Paleo)
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfait
- Almond Flour Choc Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Coconut Flour Anzac Biscuits (gf & Paleo)
- Healthy No Butter Chocolate Almond Pear Tart
Note: Will be replacing the agave nectar with coconut sugar or stevia for more clean eating brownie points.
- Thank you Bariano (skinnyfatsky.wordpress.com)
- Warning: Rabid Post-Comp Food Binge Ahead (skinnyfatsky.wordpress.com)
- Almond Paleo bread, that tastes more like a dessert! (cherrymama.wordpress.com)