After thralling Google for a recipe that was similar to an anzac cookie but without flour, brown sugar or baking soda, I found one! Thanks to a very inventive mum, I eliminated the “off limit” items on my current training diet from the original recipe and ta-dah~ peanut butter energy balls made with quinoa flakes!
- 6 tablespoons of any nut butter
I used 4 tbsp x Sanitarium natural crunchy, 1 tbsp x Tahini and 1 tbsp x almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower and pumpkin seed mix
- 1 cup of quinoa flakes
- Desiccated coconut
Put all the ingredients into a bowl, mix with your fingers and squish into balls. Pop into the fridge after to set. It’s so simple!
And that’s it. I’m not planning to have more than one a day (these should carry the same fat and carb content similar to Bounce Natural Energy Balls) so will be enjoying these sparingly.
Visit Food for Thought by Linds for more fantastic recipes to try.
- Quinoa Protein Bars (itsallaboutmefitness.com)
- How to Cook | Quinoa – A few ways to cook the stuff you might find fun (coolgreymatterblog.com)
- Ingredient Spotlight: Quinoa Flakes (thekitchn.com)