Last year around this time, I was a self-declared kitchen disaster…
My limited cooking ability only extended to 2 minute noodles and the only pancakes I knew how to make were the instant ones in the shaker plastic containers. Hell, I even managed to burn my fried rice (and I’m Asian)!
With that introduction, I proudly present to you my masterpiece- Paleo Bread made from almond meal and zucchini.
Remember how I mentioned that I’ve been collecting heaps of Paleo recipes?
This one is from Running to the kitchen, but I’ve modified the ingredients to take out the added sugar (no banana, no maple syrup). Still, the almond meal makes the bread sweeter than normal grain, so I’ve been enjoying my mini-loaf with peanut butter or crushed berries.
So easy-peasy to make too- I blended everything with my hand held blender in the mixer attachment!
Total time: 45 mins
Author: Gina Matsoukas
Serves: 2 mini loaves
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I left this out)
- 1 banana, mashed (left this out too!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two mini bread loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients besides zucchini in a stand mixer and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, combine in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously.
- Add zucchini and mix until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bread out of loaf pan and cool on wire rack.
Disclaimer is this recipe isn’t mine, so please go visit the links to Running to the Kitchen for this and more yummy things to demolish!
- Perfect Paleo Winter Beef & Root Vegetable Roast (skinnyfatsky.wordpress.com)
- About me (skinnyfatsky.wordpress.com)