Feast your eyes (and belly) on a guilt-free low carb indulgence to compliment any protein of your choice!
Not only an excellent source of Vitamin C and muscle-cramp fighting potassium, cauliflower is also rich in anti-estrogen agents to help keep the cellulite and man-boobs at bay.
Who says healthy food is boring?
~ Cauliflower Purée (Paleo) ~
– 1 medium cauliflower, florets and stems chopped to smaller size
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– 1 clove of freshly pressed garlic
– Small pinch of fresh rosemary leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
– And, the secret ingredient, half a medium fresh avocado!
1. Bring chicken broth to boil in a medium pot
2. Add cauliflower and boil until soft enough to mash with a fork
3. Drain excess stock (keep some to add in later if needed)
4. Add garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary leaves and avocado
5. Using a hand held blender on high, slice and dice until everything is mixed in
6. Add the remainder stock if you want a smoother consistency
Wa-la- yum low carb mash full of heart-healthy oil and dietary fiber 🙂
Eat up and be merry,
- Cauliflower: The Ninja Food (veggiefueled.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup – Recipes From the Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Shepherd’s Pie Low-Carb (thebumpyroadofacurvygal.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust (amerbeye85.wordpress.com)